Τσαι του βουνου
Our grandmothers and grandfathers preferred it not as a drink of pleasure but as a medicine, as they felt the soothing qualities it had on their bodies.
As a child and teenager, I was given Τσαι του βουνου tea whenever I started having symptoms of a cold. My grandmother gave it to my mother, my mother gave it to me and now I give it to my children when they have a cold. Our colds never lasted more than 3 days. What my mother didn’t know was that it boosts the immune system, which is why it helps get rid of a cold quickly.
– Cris Kourousis, Chief Herbalist
Taste: Earthy with a hint of sage
- Anti-inflammatory, Gastroprotective, and Cytotoxic Effects of Sideritis Scardica Extracts, VM Tadic, I Jeremic, S Dobric, A Isakovic, I Markovic, V Trajkovic, D Bojovic, I Arsic, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Sideritis Extracts Enhance Memory and Learning in Alzheimer’s, J Hofrichter, M Krohn, T Schumacher, C Lange, B Feistel, B Walbroel, J Pahnke, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Bioactive-Rich Sideritis Scardica Tea (Mountain Tea) Is as Potent as Camellia Sinensis Tea at Inducing Cellular Antioxidant Defences and Preventing Oxidative Stress, F Danesi, S Saha, PA Kroon, M Glibetic, A Konic-Ristic, LF D’Antuono, A Bordoni, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Protective Effect of Sideritis Euboea Extract on Bone Mineral Density and Strength, IA Dontas, PP Lelovas, SK Kourkoulis, N Aligiannis, A Paliogianni, S Mitakou, A Galanos, E Kassi, A Mitousoudis, TT Xanthos, N Papaioannou, GP Lyritis, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Sideritis (Greek Mountain Tea), Wikipedia
Source: Greek Mountain Tea